We know that you already shine bright in the world in so many ways, so why shouldn’t your smile match?
At Rockland Dental Group, we offer a variety of teeth whitening products for both in-office and at-home whitening. Whether you’ve tried whitening your teeth before or have always wondered if it might work for you, we can help you find the solution that best fits your smile and your lifestyle.
Make an appointment today to discuss teeth whitening options with a dentist.
How can teeth whitening help my smile?
Over time, several factors can cause teeth to become stained or discolored. Some foods and beverages like coffee, tea, soda, and wine can stain your teeth, as can regular tobacco use. Teeth naturally change color as you age and can also be affected by some medications or health conditions.
Stains on the surfaces of teeth can often be improved with regular dental cleanings, but other stains penetrate deeper into the enamel and require a specialized whitening product to remove. Whitening products typically use a gel form of hydrogen peroxide that permeates the surface of the tooth and neutralizes staining molecules. Because this oxidation process happens throughout the tooth, the whitening gel can brighten the whole tooth — even if it doesn’t come into contact with every part of the surface.
The whitening systems we offer in our New City office are all designed for natural results — no worries about neon smiles here! Ask your dentist which of these solutions might work best for you:
- 1-hour in-office whitening: Brighten your smile in just one hour with this process that uses multiple 20-minute applications of a specialized gel to achieve quick results.
- In-office whitening for sensitive teeth: For people who may experience sensitivity during whitening treatments, this treatment uses a cool blue LED light to activate the whitening gel for immediate results.
- At-home custom whitening: There are many options for whitening your teeth at home. Ask about whitening trays you can wear for as little as 15 minutes a day or overnight for a bigger boost in brightness.
- Whitening strips: Whitening strips are a simple and budget-friendly at-home option that achieves results in about two weeks with consistent use.
- Booster systems: Specialized toothpastes, gel pens, and other products can help maintain your beautiful smile following whitening treatments.
Contact our office for more information about whitening treatments today.